K - 1 Kit | Structured Literacy with E.A.S.E - SHIPPING MAY 2023
THIS KIT WILL SHIP IN MAY 2023
Included in Box 1: Sound Sequence.
Sound Sequence - This sequence covers basic consonant and short vowel sounds and proper letter formation for the 26 letters of the alphabet. It also introduces the 13 most critical high-frequency words students need to know. These 13 high-frequency words make up 25% of written text in children’s books (Burkins & Yates, 2021), and are incredibly important for beginning readers. Though these 13 words are explicitly taught and mapped later in the program, they are introduced in this sequence so students can begin to build lexical quality, which will be deepened throughout the program through repeated exposures.
- 26 Teacher’s Guides
- 78 High-Frequency Word Building Reusable Tracing Mats (13 HFWs – 6 Mats per word)
- 156 Focus Skill Reading Practice Reusable Mats (26 two-sided mats - 6 copies of each mat)
Included in Box 2: Readiness Sequence Sequence One & Supplemental Resources
Readiness Sequence - This sequence focuses on learning the 109 most critical high-frequency words students must learn in order to become fluent readers. These 109 words (adapted from Adams (1990) and Carroll, Davies, and Richmond (1971) as cited in (Burkins & Yates, 2021) can also be found among Fry’s first 300 words list (Burkins & Yates, 2021). One thing that sets this program apart is that high-frequency words–both completely decodable and irregular–are taught using Phoneme-Grapheme Mapping and not through memorization.
- 1 Teacher’s Guide (perforated)
- High-Frequency Word Reusable Forming Mats (6)
Sequence One - This is the first reading sequence where explicit instruction for isolated sounds, spelling rules, and syllable types and division rules begins. Before beginning Sequence two, students should have mastered the skills in this sequence. Sequence One focuses on the CVC syllable type, short vowels, and review of consonant sounds.
- 14 Teacher’s Guides
- 14 Lesson Resource Booklets
- 78 Decodable Books aligned to each phonics skill & lesson. (13 Decodables - 6 copies each)
Supplemental Resources -
- 1 Teacher License for Digital Access to Program
- 358 High Frequency Word Deck with Phoneme-Grapheme Mapping
- 170 Card Sound Deck
- 798 Intro-Graphics (133 intro-graphics - 6 copies each)
- 70 Sound Wall Posters
- Version 1: 26 Alphabetic Letters
- Version 2: 44 English Sounds
- Map-Its Reusable Mats (6)
- Make-Its Reusable Mats (6)
- Spell-the-Sound Mats (6)
- Say-the-Sound Mats (6)
- High-Frequency Word Forming Mats (6)
- Decoding Posters
- Decoding Fans (6)
- Syllable Types Posters
- Syllable Reusable Mats (7)
- Syllable Fans (6)
- Sturdy Storage Box for each Sequence
- Clear zippered pouches for ease of use, storage, and longevity of resources
Included in Box 3: Sequence Two
Sequence Two - Sequence Two continues to spiral skills through explicit instruction for isolated sounds, spelling rules, affixes, and syllable types and division rules. Before beginning Sequence Three, students should have mastered the skills in this sequence. Sequence Two focuses on digraphs, trigraphs, blends, glued sounds, compound words, VCE words and syllable type, and VC/CV and VCCCV syllable division.
- 28 Teacher’s Guides
- 27 Lesson Resource Booklets
- 162 Decodable Books directly aligned to each phonics skill & lesson. (27 Decodables - 6 copies of each book)