Sight Word Sleuths | Volume 1 Set 2
Sight Word Sleuths are engaging and interactive sight word activity booklets for early readers.
Sight words are those in the English language that do not follow standard spelling patterns, yet are high-frequency and appear regularly and repeatedly in written text.
It is critical that children learn to recognize these words on sight alone and consistent practice with these words make it possible.
This workbook includes a variety of activities that encourage word manipulation and interactions with 25 different sight words so children can gain familiarity and fluency with them. The activities are engaging and entertaining, so your child will look forward to practicing their sight words.
This resource includes Fry's Word List 26 - 50.
(For the first 25 sight words from Fry's Word List check out Sight Word Sleuth Volume 1 Set 1 here).
Activities in this workbook include:
- TRACE IT: Children use an ink pad and their fingerprints to trace the large sight word and then use a colored pencil to trace the smaller sight words.
- WRITE IT: Children create disappearing words by writing the sight word 5 times with a WHITE crayon and then tracing over their writing with a marker (see image on next page).
- FIND IT: Children use a real magnifying glass and become a detective to find the 16 missing sight words in the picture (there are 6 different detective scenes included). (Magnifying glass not included.)
- SPELL IT: Children use ransom letters to spell the sight word 4 times on a “Wanted Poster” using the letters provided.
- USE IT: Children fill in the sight word in three sentences and then write a sentence of their own.